Thursday, May 07, 2009

Busy Little Bee

Where does the time go? It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since I made my last post, but I've just checked the date and it was MARCH!!!!!! That is not good! Sorry, I've been neglecting this I promise I won't let it happen again!
You see, I'm in the process of buying my first house and it's all going through as we speak so I'm all over the place.

I haven't done a craft fair for ages because I just didn't see the point because of sales at the last few I've done. OK, getting experience and knowledge from fellow crafters is all well and good, but if you don't cover the table cost then it's just a waste of time (in my opinion!).
On the plus side, sales through friends and family have increased which is keeping the creative juices flowing, and I've added a few more cards to my MISI site so I hope they go down well.


This is a card that I did for a friend (apologies for the quality of the photo, I've lost the cable for my camera so this was taken on my phone!). I have decided to use a similar design to this for my Father's Day cards. I mastered the origami shirt, which I was pleased with - I am now raising the bar with the origami tie!!!
I'm pleased that a few of my mates have put orders in already, and I've put a Facebook message out to spread the word some more.


My mom's friend wanted a card for her Granddaughter who was 1 (and called Sophie, in case you hadn't guessed!). I was having a creative evening and had just started to pack everything away, when I remembered that I hadn't made this....... I managed to 'throw' it together in about 10 minutes, which is quite an achievement for me! She was so pleased with it - it's so nice to get such great feedback.


The same friend's Daughter is getting married next week so she commissioned a wedding card. This took slightly longer (I messed up the first attempt!), but I managed to use the ribbon from the invite to get the exact match of red.
Well, I need to get my camera up and running again and I will finally get round to doing a portfolio of all my work - unfortunately, there are some cards which I just didn't get time to photograph, which is a shame - in the meatime, I've added a slideshow to the bottom of my blog.... enjoy!

1 comment: