Monday, February 02, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

Ooh, I do love a bit of snow - although I might not be saying that at 6pm when I leave work to get home!

The craft fair at the weekend was not the greatest because it was so COLD!! People were literally coming in, doing a quick lap of the venue and then leaving again! For those who have never been before, the Fishmarket in Northampton is a lovely venue but, because it used to be a Fishmarket (hence the name!) it is FREEZING in there! My mom travelled down from Birmingham to give me a hand and we just couldn't seem to keep warm. The organisers and fellow stall-holders were friendly, but I can't remember half the day because I had brain-freeze!

I got some great feedback about my cards which is great, but people just weren't stopping long enough to buy. I have every sympathy with them because if the roles had been reversed, I wouldn't have left the house in the first place!

I've listed some of my cards on my MISI site (still waiting for my URL to be approved, but I'll link it on here once it goes live!) and I've had a fair few hits on that, so that's a good sign.
One of the stall-holder on Saturday had a genius idea, which I think I'm going to give a go. She said about contacting residential or old people's homes in the area and ask if they wanted to have some of my cards available to residents to buy and use. I hadn't thought of that idea before, but it actually makes a lot of sense!

So, I've got plenty of things to be getting on with this week and I'll keep you updated as to how I get on. I hope you all stay safe in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment